PRIORITY-1'S TORAH ACADEMY HIGH SCHOOL
The flagship alternative high school of Priority-1
Priority-1 is the pioneering leader in alternative yeshiva high schooling to service capable and gifted young men whose needs are not being met by the traditional yeshiva system. The Torah Academy of Lawrence Cedarhurst has led countless at-risk teenage boys to abandon self-destructive behavior and become true bnei Torah and observant Jews.
- Balance of acceptance and limitations with clear expectations.
- Strong sense of school community where students care for each other.
- Our ultimate goal is to promote healthiness – spiritual health, emotional health and physical health.
- Re-teaching the basics of Judaism with an open and non-threatening approach.
- Empowering students to discover their own place within the Jewish community.
- Exploring past feelings and experiences about Judaism.
- Individualized mentoring program with specially trained members of Kollel Ner Yehoshua
- Inspirational guest speakers.
- Wide variety of diploma options, including: Advanced Regents Diploma, Regents Diploma, Local Diploma and GED preparation as well as college preparation courses.
- Differentiated instruction focused on the academic needs of each student in an inclusive environment.
- Every staff member in our school has training and experience in working effectively with this population.
- School runs on a behavioral system, which includes clear expectations, appropriate consequences and individualized incentives.
- Preparing students for post high school placement to ensure continued goal-oriented growth.
- In-school counseling and group sessions moderated by licensed mental health professionals.
- Continued parent education and involvement in student development.
Rabbi Shaya Cohen
Dean; Priority-1's Torah Acedemy High School
Founder; Priority-1 and Priority-1 Teacher and Educator Training Initiative
Rosh HaYeshiva; Yeshiva Zichron Aryeh and Kollel Ner Yehosua
Rabbi Yossi Feintuch LMSW
Principal, Judaic Studies
Rabbi Simcha Lebowicz LMSW
Principal, Secular Studies